The Change Making Tour is a new format of international mobility organized by Non Profit Organisations. It combines sustainable tourism, volunteering activities and raising awareness campaigns.
Change Making Tour is complementary to local change-making activities and should help the organisations to finance and promote them.
Change Making Tour aims at:
- offering quality-learning experience to “Change Making Tourists”,
- providing an understanding of one or more local issues through the interaction with local community and stakeholders,
- Supporting change making through:
- The financial support originated by the Change Making Tour itself,
- The interaction with the local community,
- The local event.
- Tourism (max 50%),
- Local volunteering (min 40%),
- Meetings with local community and stakeholders (min 10%),
- To implement at least 4 Non Formal Education sessions, including at least one team building at the beginning and evaluation at the end.
- Local Event
- It is compulsory during the Change Making Tour to implement a local event related to the chosen change-making topic,
- Goals of the event are to:
- Raise awareness in the local and international community,
- Promote social change,
- Foster the network development and involvement of stakeholders.
- There should be at least 5 stakeholders involved,
- There should be at least 15 participants (included the stakeholders) involved,
- It is suggested to involve the press in the event.
- Before Departure Compulsory Communication
Candidates have to fill a detailed form in order to assess expectations and profile.
Detailed description of logistic and activity details: food and accommodation, local transportation, material cost for the construction when needed, administration charge and costs related with the participation in all activities, also the touristic ones.
NOT included: international transport, visa costs, extra personal expenses and travel insurance that are compulsory given the type of travel.
Any extra cost and all negative aspects should be specified in advance.
Clarify what will be the support for VISA and tickets from Sending and Hosting Organizations.
- Practical elements
- Duration: min 8 + 2 (travel) days, max 16 + 2 days,
- cost: between 490€ and 990€ per person, around 70 – 85% for the hosting and 15 – 30% for the sending organizations,
- participants: min 5; max 15.
- Risk management
- Provide contact details of one contact person to the hosting before departure,
- Compulsory insurance,
- At least 1 accompanying person each 8 Change Making Tourists,
Confirm the Change Making Tour not later than 45 days before its beginning (if there are not at least 5 Change Making Tourists by 45 days before the departure the Change Making Tour is cancelled).
Download all this informations here.